- Spyker B6 Venator Spyder Concept, 2013
Just 5 months after unveiling the B6 Venator Coupe Concept to rave reviews at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show, Spyker made waves on the other side of the Atlantic. The brand introduced the Spyker B6 Venator Spyder Concept, a unique alternative in the High Luxury Sports sector, via a press conference at 2013 The Quail Motorsports Gathering in Pebble Beach, California. The Spyker B6 Venator Spyder Concept is the eagerly awaited convertible execution of Spyker's compact, 2-door mid-engine sports car that will offer the discerning driver of the highest standards a new choice, delivering a rare combination of heritage, design, performance and exclusivity.
- The trademark radiator grille's mesh is V-shaped, referencing Spyker models of the previous century. The 1903 Spyker logo harkens back to an era when Spyker built racers such as the amazing 60HP.
- The headlights, equipped with LED light rails, give the car an aggressive stance.
- The 3D LED rear lights are akin to the iris-type after burners of a jet engine from a modern fighter aircraft.
- The brake light has been sculpted into the rear panel design to ensure smooth, flowing design lines.
- Elegantly aggressive 19" TurbofanTM wheels are shown in mirror polish finish.
- The brand's axiom "Nulla tenaci invia est via" - which translates to "For the tenacious no road is impassable" - is shown on the fairings.
- Interior surroundings crafted from the finest materials are unusually open and airy for a sports car, akin to an aeroplane cockpit. The leather is sourced from the Litano range produced by the Royal Hulshof Dutch Tanneries in Lichtenvoorde, Netherlands. Hulshof uses only West European first choice bull hides and a special tanning process that produces the beautifully rich colour palette.
- The red cover on the ignition switch evokes the spirit of starting an aeroplane, as does the dashboard that lights up as part of the 'pre-flight check.' The dashboard is shown with a turned aluminium fascia, similar to those seen on Spykers of the 1920s.
- Pressing the engine start button brings to life a powerful V6 engine that delivers 375+ bhp.
- The trademark exposed gear change mechanism was inspired by early aircraft controls from Spyker's aviation heritage.
All carbon fibre
All aluminium platform
Engine mount position: rear-mid
Engine orientation: transverse mounted V6
Max power: 375+ bhp
Drivetrain type: RWD
Transmission: 6-spd automatic
Overall length: 4347 mm
Width (ex mirrors): 1882 mm
Wheelbase: 2500 mm
Kerb weight: under 1400 kg
The Spyker B6 Venator Spyder Concept will begin production in late 2014 for key markets including Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and India, followed by the US in early 2015. The introduction of the Spyker B6 Venator Concept at Geneva in early 2013 marked the beginning of a new era for the brand, one that will include a significant increase in production led by a management team that has never been stronger.
The Spyker B6 Venator Spyder Concept represents the next key step on that path, which is being spearheaded by Muller and his Chief Commercial Officer John Walton. Together, Muller and Walton are leading a passionate team that is supremely dedicated to creating unique and beautiful high-performance sports luxury cars.